Re: [LUG] Install day - apt-cacher-ng

On 12/05/10 10:13, tom wrote:
I've just done an install of Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 using mini.iso and apt-cacher-ng locally and it took ~ 25 minutes. Not bad when you consider the the first upgrade took 11 hours over 512k. This is on an old (1.2GHz machine) so it might be a lot quicker on a new one!
How long does it take to install fresh from CD?
Tom te tom te tom

Not bad! A fresh install of the alternate 64bit desktop took me all in all about 2hrs on an Athlon X2 4800+ and a 20MB pipe.

Joe