Re: [LUG] Install day - apt-cacher-ng

On 12/05/10 10:38, Dan Dart wrote:
Thought about downloading the ISO (10 mins on a 8MB) and installing
from CD? (~15mins)

Tom is on a 512k connection, so it'll be more like 3 to 4 hours, and IIRC he is on a limited connection too.

Personally I just grab the ISOs from the Virgin Media mirror at about 2.2 Megabytes a second (20Mbit) :-)

I gather the point Tom is trying to make though, is using apt-cacher-ng, once he has the packages he'll be able to install them at 100Mbit/sec or even 1GBit/sec (assuming he has the right kit).

Rob