Re: [LUG] Laptop advice, please.

On 10/05/2010 12:33, Rob Beard wrote:
Oh and if you're not going to run Linux on there then you'll find this isn't the best place to be asking for Windows advice.

Rob

Without wishing to speak for John I think his motive is the same as mine is if I post an OT query; namely I know people here have a wealth of technical knowledge on many areas of IT not just Linux. Plus having been here a while I personally trust the opinions of those who offer them here. Reviews online are one thing, but they always use a short-term test set-up that doesn't say how a piece of kit works 'in the wild' or over a long period of use, and they tend to miss out foibles that only crop up during actual use over time.

Julian