Re: [LUG] Laptop advice, please.

On 10/05/10 12:56, John Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 12:35 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

It will be suitable for gaming on for about 6 months - then w7 will have
a service pack and the game will upgrade and the merry go round will
start again.
Tom te tom te tom

Yep, you hit the nail on the head there.  I tend to avoid gaming on
laptops (even the top of the range Alienware notebooks soon get out of
date).  Personally I stick to gaming on a games console, at least you
know it's supported for the life of the console.

Totally agree, the rest of my gaming is done on a ps3, WoW is PC only
and I am mostly happy with it on the desktop running under cedega on
linux.

If I was wanting to play games on a PC, I'd choose a desktop every time,
with a decent graphics card which can be upgraded.

I have no choice in the laptops. They are the only choice from the Home
Access grant, a stunning choice of two and incredibly expensive for the
spec but there is nothing I can do about that.

Home Access?

Is that the government sponsored, give a PC to low income families thing?

Rob