Re: [LUG] Laptop advice, please.

On Mon, 2010-05-10 at 13:09 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

> >> Yep, you hit the nail on the head there.  I tend to avoid gaming on
> >> laptops (even the top of the range Alienware notebooks soon get out of
> >> date).  Personally I stick to gaming on a games console, at least you
> >> know it's supported for the life of the console.
> >
> > Totally agree, the rest of my gaming is done on a ps3, WoW is PC only
> > and I am mostly happy with it on the desktop running under cedega on
> > linux.
> >
> >> If I was wanting to play games on a PC, I'd choose a desktop every time,
> >> with a decent graphics card which can be upgraded.
> >
> > I have no choice in the laptops. They are the only choice from the Home
> > Access grant, a stunning choice of two and incredibly expensive for the
> > spec but there is nothing I can do about that.
> >

> Home Access?
>
> Is that the government sponsored, give a PC to low income families thing?
>
> Rob

Yes, that is exactly it. Choice of two laptops, one samsung nc130
netbook or some places offer low spec dell or zoosomethingorother
desktop machines.

Comet has its own laptops, which seem worse than the toshiba/samsung
offerings from everywhere involved in the scheme.

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides