Re: [LUG] Recording telephone when complaining

On 02/05/2010 12:51, Henry Bremridge wrote:
If I use VoIP through my computer, can anyone suggest how I can record
both sides of a telephone call? Currently I just use Twinkle. (I also
use VoIP through Siemens C475i, but as that is used by the wife and
children, I do not really want to record that..)

(I am tired of speaking to institutions who:
- Record their side of the conversation
- Do not send letters confirming the discussion)

I note that under
        http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/oftel/consumer/advice/faqs/prvfaq3.htm
        Data Protection Act § 36

There does not appear to be a need to inform the other party that the
call is being recorded where you are calling as a genuine individual / domestic
user

Henry,

I always write to institutions either in the form of a letter or an email of which I print out
copies, one of which I then send by post as confirmation.

I dislike leaving messages on voice recorders as a matter of principle.

John W