Re: [LUG] Kubuntu 10.04 problem ;-(

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 12:38 PM, John Hansen <whitover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am stuck as I seem to have forgotten my password for Kubuntu.
What do I do? Do I delete Kubuntu and load it from scratch with a
new password or is there a simpler solution?
Advice most welcome ;-)

John W

The short answer is - I don't know!

However, is there anyway you could use a live cd/usb to create a new user on your base system? At least then you could boot up and log in. You could then copy data/explore resetting passwords?...

Others will have better ideas...

Best wishes
roly :-)