Re: [LUG] New router

On 29/04/10 17:22, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Eion MacDonald wrote:

I hope you have a service from them which provides elevated services
with up to 830Kb/sec upload speed. BT do sell a "business" package with
only up to 440Kb/sec on the wire... They get away with it because most
people don't know any thing else.

Ahh that's what a customer of mine has (technically two of my customers) and another has Enta with the same speeds (they had it before I started doing things for them and I think they may well have been sold a residential type product at business prices!).

I'd advised one customer to get shot of BT as quickly as possible, they were on an 18 month contract but I think they're near the end of the contract, my other customer with BT have just signed up recently.

You have my sympathies - BT retail are masters of disgiuse and can easy
trap people into thinking their getting better than they actually get.
They've probably trapped you into a one-year rolling contract too -
that's diabolical IMO. The people I use trust that their network is good
enough to allow you to have a one-month contract.

We had that with BT until they charged us for a service we should have got for free (BT employee broadband and BT Vision), I cancelled the lot and went to Virgin, and 13 months on haven't had any major problems (no billing problems at all, just a 12 hour outage on TV and broadband which affected the whole of the South West on Virgin's network).

Rob