Re: [LUG] Android on iPhone

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Grant Sewell wrote:

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:11:28 +0100
Rob Beard wrote:

Hi folks,

I saw this on The Register and I thought it was interesting (if not
amusing).  It appears someone has managed to get Android dual booting
alongside the iPhone OS on an iPhone 2G (so an older version of the
iPhone, but still, it's an iPhone).

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/22/android_iphone/

I wonder what Apple things about this? :-)

Rob

That's awesome!  It almost makes me want an iPhone just to do this to
it. :D

Nah - Get a Nokia N900 - you get root access out of the box and it runs Debian...

(And you can run MeeGo on it as well as Maemo, and multitask - iPhones only just catching up :)

Gordon