Re: [LUG] Laptop as a desktop replacement

On 22/04/10 16:21, NW wrote:

Yes, I do realise that I could get a more powerful desktop computer for
the same or less than a laptop. My current computer is working well. It
is just that it all takes up so much room and our family has grown. We
have acquired three grandchildren in the last five years. And when they
all come to stay ... !!!

Several friends, and also my son, no longer possess a desktop computer
at all, they just have one laptop, shared by the family. And they all
seem happy. I admit that none of them has a large screen version, but
then they are all younger than me!!

Neil

Well depending what you're looking for, if it's going to be kept set up all the time, maybe something like an Acer Aspire Revo might be a better solution. It can be mounted on the back of a monitor so it's all fairly self contained. I believe they even come with a wireless keyboard and mouse (although don't quote me on that, it might be more specific models higher up in the range).

Rob