Re: [LUG] Website locked

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 08:56:11 +0100
NW <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I fully agree with what you have done. Just one thought. When members
> go on holiday one way to avoid a stack of emails on return is to
> close the membership before going away and to restart it on return.
> Something to think about at this time of year??

You're confusing website membership (which sends very little email to
anyone) with mailing list subscription (which any member can set as "no
delivery" via the mailman interface). The website has nothing to do
with mailman.

Those members who go on holiday and want to avoid dealing with a
backlog of list mail need to tell mailman to stop before going away and
then restart when they are home.

The mailman link is in every list email:

Neil Williams
http://www.data-freedom.org/
http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/
http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/