Re: [LUG] base64 email bodies (was Someone on the list rejecting email?)

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Simon Waters wrote:

Benjamin M. A'Lee wrote:

Actually, I believe the standard is to use ....

The standard sucks, I had a quick look and had forgotten how bad it was.

Classic committee response, try and encompass all the ways it is
currently done - rather than saying "do it this way".

Time to reinvent SMTP I think, the main problem was everyone has wanted
to solve the "spam" problem, which I suspect is the wrong problem to be
worrying about.

Of course several folks have already reinvented SMTP.... but they all
want to own it.

)-:

Whatever happened to Google Wave?

Hm. It has all gone quiet there, hasn't it... I never actualy tried it myself, but I was under the impression that you needed a gmail account to use it with... Neat idea if everyone in the world uses gmail as I understand it... (See above).

But from what I saw, I think it was just too different, and the top-posters of the world just didn't "get it".

Gordon
(Back to pine, reading up on procmail)