[LUG] base64 email bodies (was Someone on the list rejecting email?)

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Gordon Henderson wrote:

Ugh. you send email base64 encoded, so my ancient pine can't indent it.

Might I suggest upgrading to a recent alpine?

And what is it with base64 encoding plain text email these days? your system (Juan's) seems to do it too )-: It really screws up replying and indenting.

ASCII doesn't support all sorts of characters so if you want to see them in your mail you have to encode them somehow (quoted printable, base64 etc). It's perfectly valid behaviour.

I wouldn't expect a base64 encoded body to cause you replying/quoting issues. Perhaps a recent alpine version will help?

This message comes to you sponsored by the "use an up to date mail client" brigade. :)

Alex.