Re: [LUG] base64 email bodies (was Someone on the list rejecting email?)

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Juan J. Mart?nez wrote:

PS: I quit using pine myself in 2002, and because of the same
frustrating issue of the base64 encoded stuff :P

Obviously I never got enough email from people in base64 for it to make a difference. Shame on you for having an email system that doesn't default to sending plain-text, or bother to check and adjust.

However, while Apline does do the right thing with base64 emails, it stalls in ways that Pine never did while processing it's filters, which I find unnacceptable. To lock-up for 15 seconds once a minute is just not-on.

It also updated a system library that PHP was compiled with, and now all my automated email systems written in PHP have just failed )-:

So... Sod it. Re-write all my pine filter rules to use procmail and abandon pine/alpine - at least on the server. Most to properly using imap and not read emails off the server, except in an emergency when I can still use pine.

But not this weekend as it's my wedding anniversary and I'm not allowed to be in-front of a computer...

Gordon