Re: [LUG] base64 email bodies (was Someone on the list rejecting email?)

El jue, 15-04-2010 a las 13:12 +0100, Gordon Henderson escribiÃ:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Juan J. Mart?nez wrote:
>
> > PS: I quit using pine myself in 2002, and because of the same
> > frustrating issue of the base64 encoded stuff :P
>
> Obviously I never got enough email from people in base64 for it to make a
> difference. Shame on you for having an email system that doesn't default
> to sending plain-text, or bother to check and adjust.

It is the default, but sometimes it can't be done and Evolution falls to
base64 encoding. That's standard.

I blamed others too back in 2002, but at the end... the problem was
Pine. I never tried to use Mutt, because life seems too short to learn
it (and configure it properly).

Cheers,

Juanjo

--