Re: [LUG] Permissions problem

Simon Waters wrote:
> I gave a possible udev rule to use in my last post (although it looks
> like possibly my ">>" got misinterpreted by my email client.
>
> The permissions for lp0 were "0660" which is the default for udev, so
> they are probably not explicitly set anywhere. A new rule in a new rule
> file is probably best as that way it shouldn't be overwritten (or
> interfere with other udev updates) in future.
>
> Although I'd be tempted to upgrade.
>
> I don't see the point in running versions of Ubuntu that are more out of
> date than Debian Lenny. The only advantage I see to Ubuntu over Debian
> is it is more up to date than Debian, if you run old versions you have
> all the disadvantages of Ubuntu (i.e. more bugs) and don't even get the
> advantage of more up to date software.
>
>  Simon

I realise that my version of kubuntu is old. I may well upgrade to the
latest one which is due out this month. However, for what I use it for,
staying with an old version works fine normally. This is the first time
that an upgrade to a file has caused me a problem.

My laptop is running Mint v 7 by the way, but it is not linked to the
printer yet.

Neil