Re: [LUG] DNS and EDNS

El mar, 13-04-2010 a las 21:12 +0100, Simon Waters escribiÃ:
> [...]
>
> Local BIND9 works fine of course (if I remember to reinstall after
> rebuilding my PC).

Yes, I've tested it with BIND9 in my home server in Spain and supports
long queries.

> You can probably just tell dd-wrt to hand out your ISPs recursive
> servers as the servers for clients to use and stop masquerading to see
> if it is DNS Masq interfering.

I've tried the virgin servers and the packet size is limited to 512
bytes.

> Or if you have a recursive server on your network use that and disable
> DNS Masq.

I've tried DNSMasq using a BIND9 (that supports > 512 bytes packets) and
not Virgin servers, and seems DNS Masq doesn't support big packets, so
no DNSSEC with DNSMasq enabled.

> Let us know if it is the dd-wrt and DNS Masq, and also check if there a
> newer firmware.

AFAIK I'm using the latest stable for my hw.

Cheers,

Juanjo

--
jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/