Re: [LUG] DNS and EDNS

El mar, 13-04-2010 a las 14:14 +0100, Keith Abraham escribiÃ:
> Is the The Register merely being silly or is it something we should be
> worried about.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/13/dnssec/
>
> and a link at:
>
> https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/services/replysizetest
>
> At the moment I'm not really sure I understand it all

I know about http://www.dnssec.net/, but that post in the register it's
bullshit to me...

"In May, when all 13 roots are signed, anybody with an incompatible
firewall or ISP will know about it, because they won't be able to find
websites or send email."

DNSSEC requires software in the server and in the client. If your client
doesn't speak the extensions... it won't affect you at all :)

AFAIK DNSSEC it's backwards compatible with old plain DNS, because it's
just a set of extensions (ie. new records).

The Register suggests the root DNS servers are going to somewhat force
the clients (your ISP included) to use the extensions. I don't think so.

Am I getting it totally wrong?

Cheers,

Juanjo

--