Re: [LUG] DNS and EDNS

Juan J. MartÃnez wrote:

>> What exactly did you try to test it?
>
> dig +short rs.dns-oarc.net txt
>
> Check: https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/services/replysizetest

Interesting.

I just ran it and seems the Google recursive DNS servers failed as well ;)

Local BIND9 works fine of course (if I remember to reinstall after
rebuilding my PC).

You can probably just tell dd-wrt to hand out your ISPs recursive
servers as the servers for clients to use and stop masquerading to see
if it is DNS Masq interfering.

Or if you have a recursive server on your network use that and disable
DNS Masq.

Let us know if it is the dd-wrt and DNS Masq, and also check if there a
newer firmware.

Anyway you've tweaked my interest, and I think I'm going to set up
DNSSEC for Debian - wonder if there is a package for DNSSEC enabled
recursive name server that "just works".

 Simon