Re: [LUG] DNS and EDNS

Juan J. MartÃnez wrote:
> El mar, 13-04-2010 a las 15:29 +0100, John Horne escribiÃ:
>> [...]
>> Cambridge Uni (cam.ac.uk) and ISC (isc.org) are already using DNSSEC so
>> querying some of their hosts, using a dnssec enabled resolver, might
>> show you whether you are going to have a problem or not as well.
>
> Yep, I've tried it and either Virgin or my dd-wrt based Linksys aren't
> DNSSEC compatible ;)

What exactly did you try to test it?

I'd be surprised. Some of the Linksys routers were lousy for DNS if you
got them to be your DNS proxy, but I think dd-wrt uses dnsmasq which
supports edns.

So whilst they may or may not support DNSSEC, I'd be very surprised if
the proposed changes broke anything (at least not before they start
allowing you to validate the root zone - at that point I expect someone
somewhere will have to learn about DNSSEC quickly.

 Simon