Re: [LUG] Skype on Linux

2010/4/13 Juan J. <reidrac@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> I hope Ubuntu fixes that Pulseaudio hell ASAP, because esd it's
> officially dead. Moreover, I moved to Fedora to avoid dealing with it,
> and everybody around me insists on using Ubuntu (and I have to fix it!).

We've faced this issue with secondlife on Ununtu as well, the Ubuntu
users seem to have had no end of trouble all stemming from Pulseaudio,
where as on debian myself and others with just alsa installed and no
extra middle layer seem to have had comparabiliy little trouble.

One thing we did find out though is current stable ubuntu's openal is
flakley when used with pulse, downloading (and rebuilding) a newer
openal from ubuntu testing or upstream and compiling with pulse
support fixed many issues.

Robin