Re: [LUG] Skype on Linux

El mar, 13-04-2010 a las 08:40 +0100, Wills Fidell escribiÃ:
> On 13/04/10 07:29, tom wrote:
> > Has anyone tried the Skype for Linux client
> > or better still know of an open source app to connect to skype?
> > Tom te tom te tom
> >

> I use Skype on a daily basis to talk to clients and contacts across the
> world and across different operating platforms.

I had several problems with Skype, but it's becasue of Pulseaudio
support:

 - Work laptop, Ubuntu: problems with Pulseaudio, but fixed.
 - Alex netbook, Ubuntu: problems with Pulseadio, no fix... moved back
to esd.
 - My mom's desktop, Ubuntu: everything rocked out-of-the-box, I don't
know why.
 - Alex's mom's desktop, Ubuntu: problems with Pulseaudio, no fix...
moved back to esd.
 - Personal laptop, Fedora: works like a charm!

I hope Ubuntu fixes that Pulseaudio hell ASAP, because esd it's
officially dead. Moreover, I moved to Fedora to avoid dealing with it,
and everybody around me insists on using Ubuntu (and I have to fix it!).

Cheers,

Juanjo

PS: Skype it's the only piece of privative crap I can't live with.

--
jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/
blackshell: http://blackshell.usebox.net/