Re: [LUG] Meeting at Holsworthy - more details - dcglug site

John Williams wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 16:45 +0000, NW wrote:
>
>>  As long as I am not by myself .....
>>
>> Neil
>>

> I was going to ask Andrew in Holsworthy Computer Services if it would be
> ok to pop up a poster. I think it should be ok and have just roughed the
> attached document out, there is a PNG to view easiest.
>
> Could you guys give it a once over and suggest any changes, I have tried
> to give an indication about what the meeting is, what Linux is, and its
> benefits.
>
> Andrew has dabbled with Linux himself, it is something he has told me
> more and more people are asking about or bringing machines in for repair
> with a linux on so I am hopeful he will be willing to pop this up. As he
> sells Windows he may not be eager too but I shall see. I will attach the
> ODT file and the Openlogo font, to the best of my knowledge the font is
> freely distributable. Some of the body font is Aller and Aller Display,
> I do not know if that is distributable and I suspect it may not be so I
> won't attach that.
>
> I would like to pop in and get this put up tomorrow, I would have done
> this sooner but you know what happens to plans ;]

I know Andy well, in fact he calls me Linux Man. I know that he has
Linux on at least one of his own machines. I am sure that he will
co-operate with the poster, which looks fine to me. I should have
thought of something like that myself.

Thanks for all the work. Can I assume you are going to be at the White
Hart on Saturday? At least I will not be on my own then. Anyone else?
This is a first meeting in Holsworthy so we can spend some time planning
for future meetings if enough people turn up.

Hopefully,

Neil