Re: [LUG] Recommendations for a command line only address book for storing basic contact details?

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Roland Tarver wrote:
> But, I think I will "tinker" with a few
> of the commands/formats you mention - just for fun and see what I can
> come up with. If nothing else, I'll learn something! haha!

These are IMHO what makes Linux so cool. :-)

I would say that my life -- or at least the part of it where I'm sat
behind a screen -- is made a lot easier by grep, sort, cut, sed and
the likes.

I used to use only text files for all the programming I did, because I
didn't know MySQL. Then I learned that and thought it was the right
way to do things. Now I realise how many things are done faster and
more easily with plain text files.

> And heres a bit of trivia for you

Hee! I didn't know that; sounds really cool.

Martijn.