Re: [LUG] New member :D +UoP

On 24 March 2010 09:47, Roland Tarver <roland.tarver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:52 PM, John Horne <john.horne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Let me know if it doesn't work. I have connected my Ubuntu laptop to the
>>> network using NetworkManager with no problems.
>>>
>>> John.
>
> Hi John,
>
> I followed the instructions (!!!) and it worked brilliantly. I am
> happily using the network as I type! The only divergence from the
> instructions that I found was that the user name is specified as
> "*******@plymouth.ac.uk". This did not work for me. I just used my
> usual password - as per logging on to a uni windows machine.
>
> Brilliant - many thanks
> Roly

username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is only important if you intend to go to
another university that uses the Eduroam system (and don't want to log
in again), I believe.
(and it works fine for me, although eduroam on the part of the campus
where I am seems to be very on/off right now, and when it is on I have
a poor signal).

Shaun