Re: [LUG] New member :D +UoP

On 23 March 2010 10:32, Rod Sheaff <rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And at least one person who has installed kubuntu on  his UoP machine (and
> rarely needs to use Windows at all) ...
>
> Has anyone else tried at UoP tried that?

I am not sure what you mean by "tried that", but connecting to their
wireless network (which is Eduroam-based) and accessing the internet
is no problem at all (they even provide instructions to configure
wpa_supplicant for Linux). The portal and Outlook Web Access can both
throw a wobbler if you dare use a non-IE browser sometimes, but it is
largely okay.

As for "the UoP is addicted to Windows", part of the Smeaton Building
(which is not on their main network) can at least dual boot (ancient
SuSE in one of the rooms, Ubuntu in the other that I know of).

Shaun