Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 10.04 (Daily Build 18th March 2010) first impressions

Rhia Knowles wrote:
> On 23 March 2010 10:37, NW <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Rhia Knowles wrote:
>>> Cool. I'm stuck running Mint7 (Jaunty based) on this laptop as
>>> Karmic/Mint8  Kernel Panic.
>>> Might try it out on the desktop at some point when I'm not drowning in
>>> assignments.
>>>
>> And what is wrong with Mint v7? I like it myself.
>>
>> (No need to reply, just being frivolous.)
>>
>> Neil
>>
>> --
>>

> Im afraid of it breaking with updates. I did that when i was new and
> didnt bother to reinstall mint6 (which i started with) with new
> versions, then let it run updates after mint 8 was released. Im not
> sure what it updated but it broke to unbootability.

I have been using Linux for about 8 years now and I have never risked an
update. I always install from new. Yes, I have to copy over some of my
files, but not many.

On the other hand, I do tend to stay with a version which works for me
long after new ones have appeared. I am still using Kubuntu Hardy at the
moment. If it ain't broke ......

Neil