Re: [LUG] get_iplayer

Grant Sewell wrote:
On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Steven Côté <steven.cote@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<<citation required>>
http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/

"You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as
it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer,
laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder."

Since iPlayer isn't live, it does not fall under this category.

"Watching TV on the internet - You need to be covered by a licence if
you watch TV online at the same time as it's being broadcast on
conventional TV in the UK or the Channel Islands."

Grant.
So if you watch something such as Eastenders on the iPlayer say at 8:15pm rather than 7:30pm when it's on then you don't need a TV licence (not that I watch Eastenders, I'm more of a Corrie fan myself).

Rob