Re: [LUG] get_iplayer

You guys will love this lovely loophole I discovered whilst away at a residential college a couple of years back:

If you have a digital TV tuner and a laptop, and only use the tuner when it is running on batteries, it doesnt need a license. Dont know if that was just for students but i sure found it interesting.

The license counts installed as plugged into the mains. I checked and confirmed this with the TV licensing people themselves. I even said 'Look, I'm learning disabled, so I sometimes misread things, so I'm just clarifying this the way I read it, my laptop doesnt need the liscence to watch TV....and read out the clause' and the guy agreed with my reading.

Unfortunately i wasnt able to check the feasability of this, as the area the college was in wasnt a digital area at the time.