Re: [LUG] [OT] New member :D

Thank you so much for your help Rob and Roland. How good are
transports in the city? Which is the closest international airport?
How far is it from Plymouth?

I hope I can find someone who has attended that MSc course so that I
can have more specific information about the content.

Regards,
Donato

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Roland Tarver
<roland.tarver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Donato,
>
> I am a paramedic student, currently at plymouth university. I
> obviously cannot comment on the MSc course that you are interested in.
> But can provide some feedback on the uni in general...
>
> Over the last year or so, there have been significant improvements to
> the main campus. It is now a very nice campus, right in the center of
> town (parking your car for free is tricky - but possible).
>
> The Night life is good and the student union reasonable. The various
> sports groups seem pretty good - though I dont get the time for that!
> The gym is far too small and gets very bust - you have to pick your
> time.
>
> My course is a BSc and it is very good so far. A few minor things that
> my cohort of students have not been happy with. But nothing major.
>
> I would recommend the university and city itself is getting better
> (although its still pretty horrid in places). I guess plymouth
> university is not considered one of the more traditional and better
> established universities in the country (like oxford! or warwich or
> imperial college in london) but I like it.
>
> I hope that helps? Let me know if I can help further. Sorry I cannot
> be specific to your subject.
>
> http://www.ucas.ac.uk/
>
> Should have further information for you.
> Best Wishes
> Roly
> (Roland Tarver)
>

> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Donato Capitella wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>> I'm new to this list. My name's Donato, I am Italian and I plan on
>>> moving to England next September to attend a MSc. As I am a Gnu/Linux
>>> user and fan, I'd like to join your group and ask you some questions.
>>> I'm sorry because these questions are a bit off topic but, as you are
>>> involved with computers and live there, maybe you can help me.
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a good MSc in Information Security and I found one at
>>> the Plymouth University (Computer and Information Security). How is
>>> this university considered? Would you suggest me to attend this MSc?
>>> is it a good one?
>>>
>>> Thank you in advance and sorry for this OT but I have no idea where to
>>> ask.
>>> Donato
>>>

>> Hi Donato,
>>
>> Welcome to the list, I'm afraid I can't answer the question with regards to
>> the MSc in Information Security but I'm sure someone else on the list (there
>> are a few folks who are Plymouth University students) might be able to help.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rob
>>

>> --

It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves.