Re: [LUG] OT: Mobile flashing

Simon Robert wrote:
If I was "the missus" and was presented with a broken mobile phone to
take photos with because it is "the cheapest option for that!" I think
I'd soon be the "ex missus", though I know it is not my place to judge
other peoples relationships or sense of irony!

The cheapest camera I could see, after about 1 minute googling, was this
-
http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/2972424/art/vivitar/vivicam-5018-compact-digi.html

I reckon that for Â23 it looks pretty OK and a lot more featured than a
semi functioning mobile (would your partner be able to transfer the pics
off it easily? Would they be tiny with crap resolution?) and probably
cheaper than the new battery that might solve the problems with it may
cost.
Not to mention a dedicated camera is going to get better results than a mobile phone. My wife's 5 Megapixel camera on her Samsung mobile isn't a patch on her old Kodak 3.2 Megapixel digital camera. You might not get brilliant pictures from a cheapo camera (my daughter has a Technica 5 Megapixel camera which was about Â30 from Tesco) but it's probably going to be better than a mobile camera. Saying that, even the Fuji Finepix 12 Megapixel camera I got for the wife at Christmas (about Â90) is down to about Â65 now. I'd guess it would be possible to get a lower megapixel camera for say around Â40 ish?

Rob