Re: [LUG] OT: Mobile flashing

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:59:48 +0000
tom wrote:

> I've been given a samsung d600 that a friend had in a cupboard for a
> while and it wont power up properly - comes on/takes picture but just
> a grey screen etc - the screen works when charging so I guess it
> needs resetting/reflashing
> any ideas how?
>
> or anywhere that will take it as trade in for a new one : I really
> only want it for the missus to use as a camera really...phones seem
> the cheapest option for that!
> Tom te tom te tom

If you can get hold of it, most phones that can be connected by USB
cable also have "software updating" tools.  Nokias have the "PC Suite";
Sony-Ericcsons have the "Sony Ericcson PC Tools", etc.  Frequently
these allow you to update the firmware on the device, but usually only
to a version that's allowed by the network that branded it (T-Mobile,
etc).

I hve never had a Samsung phone so I don't know too much about them,
but I'd say there's a good chance they stick to that format.

Grant.