Re: [LUG] OT: Windows 7 is FREE (according to Dell)

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:12:32 +0000
Julian Hall wrote:

> Rob Beard wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > According to Dell, Windows 7 is now free.  At least that's what
> > they told a customer when they tried to get a refund.
> >
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/18/dell_windows_7_free/
> >
> > Rob
> >
> Sounds more like their spokesman needs 'retraining' on the pricing
> structure.

Would this be an issue that could be taken directly to Microsoft?  "You
said I could get a refund for the cost of the license from the OEM if I
didn't agree to the license.  The OEM is refusing the refund.  I do not
and will not agree to the license under any circumstances.  The
software has not been used and the license has not, at any time, been
agreed to.  Please either clarify the situation with the OEM in
question or provide the refund yourselves."

Grant.