Re: [LUG] Meeting at Holsworthy - more details

On 18 March 2010 17:02, NW <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I now have more information about a possible meeting in Holsworthy
Memorial Hall. It is suggested that the computer suite would not be
suitable for us since we don't require use of the computers. That room
also has some disadvantages.

The toilets and kitchen facilities are reached by going through the main
hall, not a good idea if that is also in use at the time. Also, for some
meetings in the main hall, a lot of unwanted furniture is stored
temporarily in the computer suite.

There is, however, another room at one end of the building which would
be much better for us. It has a separate entrance, its own toilets and
its own kitchen facilities, completely independent of the main hall. I
had a look at it today and I think it would suit very well.

There are tables and chairs, of course, and some electric points and
plenty of room for the numbers expected. It is used every day during the
week but not normally at weekends. Since I had suggested a Saturday as
the best day for us that would be fine.

The Hall is situated in the main car park so there would be no problem
there, except that, of course, it is not free until six in the evening
each day. There is also limited, free, parking in the town square. The
parking charges have just increased a little so I will need to check
them, but it is about £1.50 for four hours.

The cost of hiring the room would be £10 an hour. So it all depends on
how many people turn up as to how much it would cost each. So over to
members now please. Once I have some idea of numbers I can book a date
for the first one. I have explained that, to start with at any rate,
bookings would be on an ad hoc basis. We can take it from there.

Anyone??

Neil Winchurst

We will definitely be interested if available. Currently, our availability is as follows :

26th March to 1st April
7th / 8th April
12th / 13th / 14th April and 17th
22nd / 23rd / 24th April