Re: [LUG] Meeting at Holsworthy - more details

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 17:02 +0000, NW wrote:
> I now have more information about a possible meeting in Holsworthy
> Memorial Hall. It is suggested that the computer suite would not be
> suitable for us since we don't require use of the computers. That room
> also has some disadvantages.

>  *snip* *snip**snip**snip*

> The cost of hiring the room would be Â10 an hour. So it all depends on
> how many people turn up as to how much it would cost each. So over to
> members now please. Once I have some idea of numbers I can book a date
> for the first one. I have explained that, to start with at any rate,
> bookings would be on an ad hoc basis. We can take it from there.

Count me in unless my wife is having a particularly bad day and she
requires me on hand. Holsworthy is close enough for me to be able to get
back whithin minutes if she calls normally.

I would def prefer that cost to spread out some, but I think its doable,
even if only 4 of us turned up for a couple hours a fiver isn't so bad.
is it?

I might even be able to get my friend in Holsworthy Computer Services
shop to pop an advert thingie up for it, to try and get a few more turn
up. From hanging around chatting with him I know there are other linux
users in Holsworthy who probably aren't list members.

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides