Re: [LUG] Extra meeting

Paul Sutton wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if maybe we should try a couple of extra meetings
over the next couple of months, say a fortnightly meeting, say 1st
Saturday of every month and maybe the 3rd Saturday or even a Sunday if
it's better for some folks.  Probably needs a separate thread for that
though.

See below
Oh, by the way, I can recommend the Hunters Chicken.
Sorry don't understand

It's a burger they have at the Shoreline, chicken breast, bbq sauce and melted cheese. Yummy!

I believe Neil could probably recommend the Chilli Burger (which I must admit looked nice).
Further to the previous thread, response, this sound a good idea,  how
about 1st Saturday for one meeting and 3rd Sunday for the other
meetings.  that way

I also agree, as if we want to help people then having a meeting every 2
weeks is far more helpful then saying come back next month.

Yep it also means that anyone who can't make the Saturday meetings (for any particular reason) gets a chance to meet up.
Can we appoint a press officer to contact the herald express and give
details please,  I can't do everything,  We have a log in for the
whatson south west site,  so if someone can sort that out before each
meeting it would be useful.
I'll have a word with a friend of mine who seems to have a contact at the Herald Express (or at least knows someone there).
But they need to contact several places to get us listed.
Several places?
I could have a word with mark at the lighthouse,  the downstairs area
seems to be fairly quiet,  so lets see if we can do talks / presentations,
Well it all depends I guess if they have anything going on upstairs such as band practice etc. IF (and this is a BIG IF) they haven't got band practice on and have someone who can maybe supply drinks (unless we can help ourselves) then yeah The Lighthouse will probably be a fairly good venue. Internet access isn't required but as proven today, sometimes it can be handy.
do we have a screen, projector etc, to make talks easier / more
possible.  Lets meet at the shoreline at say 1:30 on the 21st (sunday)
early but anyone wanting food then the earlier time may be better,  then
say go over to the light house  if its open of course (I can check first
to make sure drinks are available),

I can probably make it, not sure if I'd be having food, any earlier and it would clash with my other half's activities and any later it would clash with household chores :-)

So yeah sounds good, give it a try, if all else fails then we haven't lost anything really. If I remember rightly it took a little while for the Shoreline meeting on a Saturday to start to get busy, I believe a couple of the new visitors to the meeting today read about your article in the Preston Community magazine so that's done well.

Rob