Re: [LUG] Meeting - 06/03/2010

Neil Stone wrote:
Well, the meeting today went VERY well indeed..
Yep I agree.
We had, I think, 4 new people along and plenty was discussed.
Yep, was quite good, although I missed out on part of the main conversation I think (I vaguely remember someone asking about PDFs, I'm sure someone said that Tom te tom te tom is the mailing list expert on PDF's)
Plenty of abuse was dished out too (mainly from me I must admit) as well
a few business cards and even some interest in the 'barcode' that was
there too.
You should give Paul commission for the amount of business cards he was giving out :-D

May I give Paul the name of 'Official DCGLUG Marking Machine'? :-)
So, for the new people, welcome.. for the old people that were there,
hello.. to the people that didn't make it.. never mind.. there will be
another next month OR feel free to organise one local to you :-)
Yep it was good to meet the new folks, sorry I didn't catch everyone's name, I was talking someone through fixing Flash on his laptop running Ubuntu 8.04 but the wireless at the Shoreline didn't seem to work. Hopefully he'll sign up to the mailing list though, or make it along to the next meeting.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe we should try a couple of extra meetings over the next couple of months, say a fortnightly meeting, say 1st Saturday of every month and maybe the 3rd Saturday or even a Sunday if it's better for some folks. Probably needs a separate thread for that though.

Oh, by the way, I can recommend the Hunters Chicken.

Rob