Re: [LUG] Mandriva One wifi

On 25 February 2010 15:14, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> richard wrote:
>>>>
>>> How about Linuxmint?
>>>
>>> Neil
>>>

>> http://distrowatch.com/  plenty to choose from. crunchbang maybe or even
>> bsd!
>>
> Yes, indeed, plenty to choose from. I suggested Mint because it is based
> on Ubuntu which the OP said he liked.

I did get Mandriva going ok in the end, it was an install issue (had
to untick a box to get wifi working).  However, today I've got home,
booted the PC and it no longer recognises the wifi dongle.  I've made
no changes, all of the updates were installed yesterday and a cold
boot afterwards gave no problems - yet today, I can't connect, try to
reconfigure and it reports there being no dongle connected. *shrug*

I did try mint, has the same issues with my graphics card that ubuntu
does, discussed in another thread.

I'm burning Fedora right now as it's the 2nd off the top of the list
for the last 6 months. Starting to suffer from the symptoms of
"distro fatigue" though.