Re: [LUG] Mandriva One wifi

On 24 February 2010 19:14, Terry Hill <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I get "iwl80211 missing"
>
> Actually, a typo crept in there, I get "nl80211 missing" if I use any
> iw commands pretty much, and searching around seems to point that I've
> used an interface I shouldn't have, which has put an entry into
> /etc/sysconfig/network
>
> I ran gedit and hashed out the following line:
>
> CRDA_DOMAIN = GB
>
> However I'm still getting "nl80211 missing", but I'll carry on googling ;)

Looks like I'm at the end of the road:

http://linuxwireless.org/en/developers/Documentation/nl80211

I don't think this is something that should be missing as iw is
dependant on it, I'm guessing it's been missed out of Mandriva
somehow.

Hmm what distro to try next?  I'd prefer something Debianish and
definately Gnomey, but I think I've run out of those...Fedora perhaps.