Re: [LUG] March DCLUG meeting in plymouth?

edward mccaughan wrote:
Just to mix things up a bit, @plymouthgeeks organising a DCLUG meeting
in plymouth for chance, largely because we're too lazy to go all the
way to paignton.

BuuuUUUuuut, I've been to a few LUG meetings, but never organised one
before, so first we've got to sort out a few things:

* First off, who's coming? it would help to have a vague idea of
numbers before we try book out the pavillions
I could possibly make it depending when it is.
* second, when? Would people prefer an evening weekday meeting or a
weekend daytime meetup? And since there's a meeting in holsbury with
no particular date yet and the regular paignton meet on Saturday the
6th, how about vaguely the end of march (eg: the 20th or 28th ish?)
Weekend daytime is better for me. At the moment I can probably do the 20th, possibly 28th (I'd have to check what the wife is doing).
* Most importantly, what are we doing? Do we want to do a vaguely
formal meeting with presentations and lots of organisation, or an
informal social?
Informal socials are always good. Maybe for the first one an informal social would be a better idea unless someone can come up with a presentation and/or talk before the meeting.
I'm all up for setting a projector up and people doing talks (yes,
you, person reading this! We want you to do a talk and teach us cool
stuff!), but it requires a bit more organisation and enough people to
make it worth the effort.
Oh I dunno about doing a talk, although maybe sometime it would be good to do a talk on the happenings at Exwick and the Lighthouse. Another thing I'd like us to maybe do as a group sometime is maybe get together and watch some Linux related movies such as Revolution OS, or maybe Pirates Of Silicon Valley (we can all boo and hiss at Bill G and Steve B).

*and of course, where are we going to meet up? This largely depends on
what we're doing and how many people are coming, but I'm all ears if
anyone can think of a perfect, prefereably free and wifi'd venue
(although as long as we get enough people so it only costs a couple of
quid each, we could try and find a paid venue)

Only venues I can think of off the top of my head would be something like the Weatherspoons pub down the road from Toys 'r' Us. Sorry living in Torquay I don't know Plymouth THAT well. I occasionally get e-mails on Facebook about the Mutley Crown, not sure if that's any good, although IIRC it wasn't that far from the city centre.
*anything else I missed out? questions, suggestions etc?
Nope, can't think of anything.

Rob