Re: [LUG] OT: Exeter renewable s was Re: Yay us !! (F@H)

T Brownen wrote:
On 20/02/10 14:29, Simon Waters wrote:
The report looks at other renewable sources for Exeter. Apparently
photovoltaic cells on all suitably aligned roofs would cost nearly a
billion and provide about a MW, for comparison EDF energy plans to add
6.4GW of capacity with its new nuclear plants. Nothing in this convinces
me that Exeter wouldn't be better drawing it's power from the grid,
although I have a nostalgic yearning for digestion as a power source.

http://www.exeter.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=11811&p=0 The link times

I have had a cursory look at the report, and cannot find any reference to heat exchange technology, or did I miss something.
Trevor

The link times out for me
On renewables - they are SERIOUSLY overpriced. Its a simple economic law - until something really kicks the market renewables will take 10 years to pay for themselves. Thats the price that someone can sell them for - its good for the customer - you get 7% return on your investment which aint bad. A 1kw grid connected inverter should cost less than £150 - you might get 600w for £500 today. The price of these things is what the market will hold - not what could realistically be achieved with a small amount of investment and some government support !

Tom te tom te tom