Re: [LUG] Yay us !! (F@H)

On 20/02/2010 13:07, Julian Hall wrote:
Terry Hill wrote:
On 20 February 2010 10:07, Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's a cracking idea.  The NHS should be doing this as well tbh.
The only downside I can see is that, while the computers are idle they're not using much power, however once they are all running F@H the power consumption will increase rapidly. I'm not sure either organisation would appreciate the increased electricity bills. Having said *THAT*, in the case of the NHS it is for medical research, so they could easily justify the cost under a research budget.

Julian

Can someone explain to me what the benefits of this are, apart from the obvious heating your house with PCs (and PS3's) running Folding at Home?

Doesn't seem very green to me (and no I'm not leaving my PS3 on to cook itself, I don't fancy a YLOD!).

Rob