Re: [LUG] plymouth geeks meetup on the 18th of feb?

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Gordon Henderson
<gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Feb 2010, John Hansen wrote:
>
>> Why are all meetings held in Plymouth and South Devon?
>
> Quite simply because Paul makes the effort to orginise one - he lives in
> Paignton and AIUI has limited transport.
>
> And I don't think the Plymouth meeting is a LUG affrair - it's a slightly
> different group of geeks....

officially nope, but most of the existing plymouth geeks troupe are
LUG members and have been to a some of the meetings so you might see
some familiar faces.

Once we get some peeps rounded up, we'd be more than happy to organise
a plymouth LUG meet.
(I seem to recall having been at a plymouth one aaaaaaaages ago, so
it's not unheard of...)

>> There are those of us who live in North Cornwall. I am certainly not
>> prepared to drive to the South Coast for a meeting which I may or may not be
>> interested in.
>
> Shame. I am prepared to drive a bit to meet new people and chat about what's
> happening. Off to Padstow on Tueseday for example to talk to a group of
> young people about maintaining their digital footprint... It might not be
> Linuxy but it's still something computer and online related.
>
> Saturdy (Or Sundays) in Torbay can be fun - bring the family and have a day
> of it. The Apollo cinema is really nice too.
>
>> It seems all DCLUG activity is now focused on the South Devon area
>
> Only becuase no-one else is arranging anything.

That's the universes way of telling you to go arrange something yourself ;-)

Chances are if you want a meeting in North Devon, there'll be others
too - As someone else mentioned, test the theory by just emailing the
group with a time and a pub/cafe to meet up in and if there's
interest, build up from there...