Re: [LUG] Bah! Disks! Bah!

About those soldering skills of yours, bearing in mind that to solder these would require 120 pins sat across about 3" of space it'd be impossible for anyone however we don't solder these chips, we surface mount them. Surface mounting uses roughly the same principle as soldering but on a smaller scale so paste is put on the pins and then an air pencil is used to melt the paste or alternatively an oven can be used, this means that just about anyone with access to an oven and some reflow paste can do the job.