Re: [LUG] hp mininote 2133

On 01/29/2010 03:00 PM, Dave Foxcroft wrote:
(pclinuxos kernel is not late enough to run them, 2.6.27.31).
Update time ! I lied !! think i may have had a senior moment,, when i said the kernel wasn't late enough i had in my mind the xfi drivers not the wi-fi,, doh. anyway, have tried on the mini note now, Vector 6-soho-beta1, nice but after a few mins on the desktop locked up and had to reboot then locked up again. Then tried BSD anywhere, hmm, like going back in time on that one, xp,,, god, hard work, runs well but have to load all the drivers yourself (not running out of the box like Linux) so trashed it. My loved pclinuxos (2009.2) runs a dream (iplayer with no sound mind but that's no problem) everything so far works with it and i wish i had just installed that first. Weird machine this mini note, high resolution,1 gig ram, 120 gig h/d, reasonable speed processor, if it had decent graphics chip would have made a killer multimedia machine, but hey, still one hell of a bargain for £150 delivered !!

--
bas.

E-Mail: Barry_Ayres@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.1and1.co.uk/?affiliate_id=107221