Re: [LUG] inputbox focus

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 12:34 +0000, Martijn Grooten wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:30 PM, kevin wrote:
> > This is probbably the simplist method as you say (I was resorting to a
> > function in javascript). BTW is id and name the same thing and /or can
> > they have the same name? ie (or ff) can I have the tag name=plu and
> > id=plu?
>
> They are not the same thing, but some browsers (use to?) think so:
>
> http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200802/beware_of_id_and_name_attribute_mixups_when_using_getelementbyid_in_internet_explorer/
>
> In any case, using the same name is harmless and probably the safest
> thing to do.
>

> Martijn.

Just as a follow up
I had a problem with the cursor finding focus then returning back to the
"link" again immediately.  So I have changed onclick to onmousover which
leves the cusor in the box even after moving the mouse away, until you
click somewhere else..

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved repressed(possibly!Definitely!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386