Re: [LUG] DVB-T scan file for uk-StocklandHill

On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 19:25 +0000, Steven Côté wrote:
>> with. If that doesn't find any channels, we can move this off list and
>> start looking a bit closer at what the warnings it's giving are.
>>
> Yes that,s what this is
> just the BBC mux 530167.
>
> BTW the Arqiva Engineer is at the Mast today on a fault and says he has
> a huppagge card and gets the same error.

Hmmm... I think I'm out of ideas then. The truth is if you can't find
any channels on a scan when you have the mux frequency set, then
there's not much chance of actually getting the tuner to lock even if
we could get the channel conf file built.

No ..

I have tried Windoze Xp with the new version of the Hauppauge drivers, Linux Mint 8 live cd which has a Scan from no initial file option, MythBuntu and MythDora all give no channels apart from the 62 I already have.

I would like to know what chips my two set top boxes have in them as they work fine!
Perhaps I will go for a Settop with composite in to the Hauppauge card until things sort themself's out.
BTW has any one used the Novotech usb tuner http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NOV-USBTV
it's for 13 quid
I might just give it a go and see what happens.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved repressed(possibly!Definitely!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386