Re: [LUG] DVB-T scan file for uk-StocklandHill

Quoting Steven Côté <steven.cote@xxxxxxxxx>:

Interesting, is PSB3 currently broadcasting in standard definition, I was
under the impression that DVB-T2 wouldn't start broadcasting on Stockland
Hill until April time?

I've included it because it's listed as a transmitter on the ukfree.tv
site, but you're right, as far as I can tell it's not actually
transmitting anything at the moment and even once it starts, there
aren't any cards that'll be able to handle it.

I'm hoping by the time Beacon Hill starts transmitting that cards will be available, although saying that if I can get our satellite dish sorted out then I may just invest in a couple of DVB-S2 cards and have done with it.

I'm on the Beacon Hill transmitter although my DVB card doesn't pick up any
of the BBC Muxes, before the switchover it wouldn't pick up the ITV muxes!

Have you tried starting with an updated scan file? According to
http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SX857619 the frequencies are:
PSB1: 786.2MHz
PSB2: 730.2Mhz
COM4: 642.0MHz
COM5: 666.0MHz
COM6: 714.0MHz

I've had poor luck scanning for transmitters, but if I start from a
hand crafted scan file, then I have no problem finding all the
channels.

I've had a bit of a play but I wasn't sure if I was putting the right details in. Am I right in thinking I conver the Mhz to Hz, so for instance PSB1 at 786.2Mhz would be come 7682000?

Ta,

Rob