Re: [LUG] Science Museum visit this Easter

>> Hooo, yes. ÂPeak-time travel is not cheap. ÂI had to pay Â183 for two
>> standard singles from Paddington to Taunton five weeks ago. ÂWould have
>> been far cheaper to drive and far more pleasant but for the bottle of
>> wine bought for the trip home by the client I was working for at the
>> time.

This is the advantages of planning ahead. If you were to book a ticket
from Exeter to Paddington today for April, it'll cost you Â12 each
way. It's basically double that if you want to travel at peak times
(around 08:00 and 18:00). So if you don't mind arriving around
mid-day, spending the afternoon at the museum, early evening at the
pub, and then catching a train back from anywhere from 19:00 onwards,
it's not a prohibitive amount of money.

Of course, a coach would be cheaper if we can find the numbers.