Re: [LUG] Chrome browser

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:15:40 +0000
Rhia Knowles <rhiadratech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Rhia,

> With me I am asperger syndrome which means mildly autistic. The
> flashing adbanners do what they are supposed to with me - They get my
> attention, the problem is, they also keep it so I cant focus on the
> text of the webpage.

I was already aware of Asperger's, but didn't really comprehend the
implications, so thanks for the explanation.

> Anything flashing or moving and if I dont have adblock then I cant
> read your webpage. I have often wanted to email the site owners who
> complain about people who block adblock plus users and ask: Is
> rendering me functionally illiterate worth the few pennies you get
> from the odd person clicking on those banners?

Until more people think the same way, and say so, flashing ads will
continue.  Along with all sorts of other negative traits.   :-(

The fact that some site block ppl running adblock (IIUC) they seem not
to mind losing a few customers.   :-((

--
 Regards  _

It's becoming an obsession
Teenage Depression - Eddie & The Hot Rods